10 D-League Players The Blazers Should Sign To 10-Day Contracts
We have a roster spot available, and are depleted of big men due to injuries. Dixon is also out, so signing a guard to warm the bench is also possible. There is the possibility that only ten men will suit up for tonight's game, and if the recent string of injuries continues or those already injured take thier time coming back look for us to sign someone. Here's the list, ranked in order from best to worst. Feel free to add anyone you think I may have missed in the comments-I'll do some research on them and post them if they're any good.
1. Lawrence Roberts, PF, 6'9", 240 Pounds, 19.8 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 1.00 BPG in 37.0 Minutes.
-Has played professionally with the Mephis Grizzlies. Is still raw (like all in the D-League), but could be very useful as a fill in for Brian Skinner/Theo while they recooperate.
2. Kevin Lyde, C, 6'10", 270 Pounds, 8.7 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 1.42 BPG in 25.1 Minutes.
-Is the heaviest of the bigs on this list, and could play the same role as described above for Lawrence Roberts.
3. Ime Udoka, G/SF, 6'5", 215 Pounds, 17.0 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 3.5 APG, 1.84 SPG in 33.7 Minutes.
-Could be signed to fill in for Darius/Dixon if their injuries prohibit them from playing for an extended period of time. Appears to be an all-around gaurd that does a bit of everything. Would also be a good signing for this team, as he is somewhat well-known locally after playing for the Jefferson High state title team and PSU.
4. Will Bynum, PG, 6'0", 185 Pounds, 23.6 PPG, 6.4 APG in 374 Minutes.
-If Dixon is replaced by moving Jack to the 2 gaurd, could be signed as a third string PG. Appears to possess good scoring touch. APG is not too shabby either.
5. Will Conroy, PG, 6'2", 195 Pounds, 12.5 PPG, 6.2 APG in 29.7 Minutes.
-If we replace Dixon by moving Jack to SG, could be signed as our third-string PG. Lightning quick and a flashy passer.
6. D'or Fischer, PF/C, 6'10", 247 Pounds, 7.3 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 1.38 BPG in 21.0 Minutes.
-Again, could fill in for Theo/Brian Skinner/Joel.
7. Otis George, PF, 6'9, 240 Pounds, 9.3 PPG, 6.2 RPG in 24.1 Minutes.
-Somewhat undersized, so he would be limited to backing up Zach at the 4. Played on last year's Louisville team.
8. Marcus Douthit, PF/C, 6'10", 235 Pounds, 10.4PPG, 7.2 RPG, 1.03 BPG in 28.5 Minutes.
-Skinny as a rail, but again could serve as filler while we recouperate.
9. George Leach, C, 6'11", 245 Pounds, 6.8 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 1.35 BPG in 18.1 Minutes.
-Also skinny as rail.
10. Seamus Boxley, F, 6'7", 220, 3.6 PPG, 1.9 RPG in 13.7 Minutes.
-Undersized and skinny, but is again something of a hometown guy after a beastly performance last year with PSU.
CBA List to follow...