Monday, July 31, 2006

Reaction to the Maglorie Trade

I love this trade! We traded two spare parts and a complete joke of a player for a legit NBA center WITH an expiring 8 million dollar contract. When I first heard the rumor from Ryne while sitting in Skagway, Alaska, I thought it was a complete joke that was way too good to be true. Guess not. Maglorie gives us front line depth, and can team with Pryzbilla to give us an upgraded version of the Pryz/Theo rotation that was so effective for the first half of last year. He is a tough-nosed hustle player who defends and rebound very well, and can play either the 4 or the 5 due to his excellent footwork. He's not a bad offensive player either, there is a reason why he was an All-Star in 2003. This trade was all about flexibility. As it stands now, we can let Maglorie walk and be roughly 2 million under the cap. Or we can trade Randolph and put a re-signed Maglorie at the 4 until Aldridge develops. Or we can try to move a guy like Raef LaFrentz. And lastly, we now have a legit replacement for Pryzbilla and/or Randolph if they manage to injure themselves again.

The only reason that this trade makes me sad is that now I will be forced to sit through garbage time without Ha to keep me entertained while I laugh at his utter cluelessness at both ends of the floor. Gone are the days of the rebound sailing over Ha's head because he forgot to put his arms up while somehow commiting 5 fouls in the process. Thankfully, also gone are the days of that hideous haircut bovving all the way up and down the floor.

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Ryne said...

okay i feel bad about this trade...steve blake's entire life was this team and when he heard the trade he said "I was hurt...I did everything coach McMillian said to do, I moved here, I worked out every day and still the team felt there was someone that could do the job better" I wish him the best of luck with the bucks and i hope he will be the starting pg there

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Mark said...

You are so right about HA. I never laughed so hard while watching him either. He ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. He did not improve at all at that development league. HA's a big bust. Lol @ the Bucks. They did get a good man in Steve Blake though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Counter